Refer to Us
Information for Physicians
How does a physician benefit by referring patients to us?
- You will be informed of your patient's progress. You'll receive regular updates on each patient's condition and improvement throughout their course of treatment.
- The referral process is easy. Just fax us the referral form and we'll take care of scheduling your patient's visit and coordinating insurance. We are usually able to schedule the evaluation appointment within a week. We offer flexible hours, and patients park right at our front door.
- Your patients will benefit from a multidisciplinary approach to patient care which includes respiratory therapy, physical therapy, and social work services. Our team of specialists provide comprehensive treatment options such as:
- Nebulizer treatment and training
- Therapeutic exercise programs
- Pulmonary education, including proper inhaler technique, cough control, and oxygen use
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- Social and psychological services
- Patients must meet the indications below to qualify for pulmonary rehabilitation services:
- Diagnosis acceptable include but not limited to COPD, emphysema, asthma, bronchitis, pulmonary fibrosis and other such lung diseases.
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) revealing Forced Vital Capacity (FVC), Forced Expiratory Volume (FEV1), or Diffusing Capacity of the lungs for carbon monoxide (DLCO) uncorrected for volume less than 70% of predicted normal within one year prior to initiating Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services.
- Exhibits disabling symptoms which significantly impair the patient's level of functioning.
- Expectations of measurable improvement in a reasonable and predictable time frame.
- Physically able, motivated, and willing to participate in Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services.
Other diagnosis(es) that would benefit from the exercise:
- Stable cardiac
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Other autoimmune diseases affecting the lungs
How do I refer my patients?
You may either:
- Fax us a referral form with the diagnosis/diagnoses and pertinent records (history and physical/physicians notes), or your own prescription form
- Call us at the numbers listed for California or Washington
Please include the diagnosis(es) and pertinent records, such as any diagnostic data, when faxing the referral or prescription.